The virus

Don't let the Corona own ya.
Grumpydave

The virus

Post by Grumpydave »

Just as the car scene in Western New England is starting to stretch a bit it, and everything else is shut down tight by this Covid-19 storm... We're staying in place here, well with a few rides in the toy, no contact outside of the car... Extreme social distancing due to my wife's compromised immune system. We have many 2nd home owners from New York City escaping the city to this area and there are very mixed feelings among the locals. Understanding that they are coming to properties they own but fear that they won't adhere to the 14 day quarantine in place... As they say, this too shall pass, only time will tell what it leaves behind. Be safe all.

Alkemyst
Site Admin

Re: The virus

Post by Alkemyst »

Keep your wife safe man. I know a few that suffer the same, these people that are trying to get close to others to make a point are asshats. One of my friends was out and about with the typical blue gloves and a surgical mask since she couldn't get something better. Someone grabbed her mask and pulled it to snap it back on her telling her they are worthless. WTF, that pretty much was assault. She immediately had to go to the restroom to wash her face and hope she didn't get sick, she was picking up medication she had to have and couldn't wait for it to ship.

Ahh and the New York thing, someone just arrived in our complex in a minivan. They took like 10 bags of trash out of it and instead of putting it in the container (we have a large compactor) they just piled it in front requiring the next person to have to throw their trash away or just pile it on top of theirs.

People had no respect for others. I took a pic of their tag and sent it to the management here, doubt they will do anything about it. I was told I should call the local police who will then enforce the quarantine on them.